1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order
Locked Thread

Import scene in Louisville, KY wtf!!

5urge 5urge
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 05/06
Posted: 06/02/06
01:20 PM

whats up with the import scene in Louisville? ive been to some meets here and there but for the most part everyone there acts like a bunch of homos.i even get on some of the local boards and chat and its like if ur not turbo'd u aint sh*t. me personally i am "all-show-no go". doesnt mean I have no respect for speed. i am just a fan of cars periods. there are too many damn haters in louisville. and the thing about it is, more than half of the damn cars there are junk anyways. who wants to see a junk car go fast? i'd rather get props for looking good as well as being fast. my car looks better than half of the people cars that talk sh*t. i just dont get it. I lived in Fl for a year and it is way different there and im sure it is in other places. Louisville just dissapoints me when i see other cities.  

HairySheep HairySheep
Enthusiast | Posts: 390 | Joined: 02/06
01:34 PM

becaue Louisville is a poverty ridden cespit. but i dont know how the whole racing scene goes there, obviously any Florida city will be differnt, for one thing there would be a much larger scene in Florida considering Louisville is a fairly small city when compared to others around it.

i myself am a all go-no show sorta man, which i would think alot of racing scenes would be like the one in Louisville, but thats no reason to be a hater. i go up there alot but never realy got to know the place, could you give me a link to some Louisville boards? i wanna see what they got there  

LongbowMkII LongbowMkII
Enthusiast | Posts: 321 | Joined: 03/06
02:55 PM

most car people i know are agianst all show no go. ricers just have a terrible, and well earned i see, reputaiion. and if you always start of in a board flamebaiting like that i couldnt blame people for hating on you. and with the 'non turbo you aint [censored] part', its mostly true. what do you drive?  

5urge 5urge
03:35 PM

Quote:

most car people i know are agianst all show no go. ricers just have a terrible, and well earned i see, reputaiion. and if you always start of in a board flamebaiting like that i couldnt blame people for hating on you. and with the 'non turbo you aint [censored] part', its mostly true. what do you drive?

first off who said anything about starting a board flamebating besides u..get serious.. secondly its not flaming when its the truth..but i see some people cant take that tho..i just dont understand how u can hate on someone ride because it not into speed, when it looks 10 times better than the norm.. and to answer your question, i drive a 99 Eclipse GS and i bet it looks way better than whatever u drive, guarnatee it.  

IntegraLs IntegraLs
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/06
03:43 PM

In Louisville Ky we have a car club and the home page is www.502streetscene.net take a look at it it is pretty cool  

HairySheep HairySheep
06:04 PM

ive got some friends that a real into making there cars look better, its not realy ricer unles you do it wrong or you have a horrible taste, they can look pretty especialy an eclipse.

btw IntegraLS, you spelt Louisville wrong in your profile  

LongbowMkII LongbowMkII
06:28 PM

see? youre way too cocky. im not hating on the ride, im hating on the person behind the wheel. all ricers are the same, they always think their ride is hot [censored]. and boasting about how awesome their car is.
the 3rd gen eclipse is a daily driver, not a show car. i like the stock design however. if you really want to be a show stopper, dont build a car everyone has seen a 1000 times. then you may get some respect that you feel you so richly deserve.
to your first point, insulting a group of people is flamebaiting, plain and simple. and your first post was entirely opinion, no truth in it. in order to make people see your point of view youll need a much stronger argument than, 'they be hatin on me'
in your eyes i could be driving any car in the world and it wouldnt hold a candle to your own, much less my 25 year old supra. but thats ok, i think my car is better than yours also. its all about point of view. get off your high horse, your car isnt special to anyone else but you, no matter how many electric turbos it has. but my car isnt special to anyone else but me, but i can accept that. i couldnt care less if you are 'hating on' my ride.  

Turn180 Turn180
User | Posts: 160 | Joined: 12/05
11:49 PM

I think it's cool when prople take a car that isn't very raceable and make it look good... Not rice.  But if the car has potential to be fast... heck make it fast then too!

Me I have my show can and building my race car.  

I was at a huge carshow here in town today (The Good Guys car show  2000+ Street rods and such) and it was mostly old classics and hot rods.  I love them.  But there were the few that were drag cars too and they were even better. They looked good and go fast...  can't beat that.  

5urge 5urge
Posted: 06/03/06
08:54 AM

Quote:

see? youre way too cocky. im not hating on the ride, im hating on the person behind the wheel. all ricers are the same, they always think their ride is hot [censored]. and boasting about how awesome their car is. the 3rd gen eclipse is a daily driver, not a show car.  

LongbowMKII, once again im gonna make u feel stupid, first off if u really knew as much as u think, than when i said i have a 99 eclipse u wouldnt ramble on about 3rd gen eclipses. if u really knew anything, u would know that a 99' is the last year of the 2gen eclipses. secondly, i have seen plenty of 3rd gen show cars. i guess that 3rd gen in 2f2f was just a daily driver, huh?. another thing, how am i boastin on my car? all i was saying is, how does people who are interested in speed, act like someones car(who is interested in show) isnt worthy enough when there is still tons of work and money put in it just as someone with speed does?. thats all im sayin. "most" people act like u dont have an import or something if it isnt turbo'd. whats the point in having car shows? there are other aspects of import culture besides "speed" and thats what a lot of people forget(not everybody). and lastely, i've proved my point that i bet my car looks way better than yours. whats funny is, your exactly an example of the point im trying to make. people with the uglist cars wanna talk sh*t. lol. notice how everyone else in this thread has at least made sence.  

LongbowMkII LongbowMkII
10:12 AM

youre right about the 2nd gen thing. i get the 99/00 switch mixed up. my fault. i dont like any car shows, import, hot rod, w/e. IMO cars are meant for performance, not show. what good is a car if it has to be trailered everywhere too be kept decent looking? and way too many times people build their show cars with tacky colors and parts, that dont look good. no matter how much money you throw at it. you havent proved any point that your car looks better than mine. where are your pics? mine are in the link in my sig.
as far as making 'sence' lernn 2 speel. [/sarcasm]  

5urge 5urge
10:31 AM

Quote:

youre right about the 2nd gen thing. i get the 99/00 switch mixed up. my fault. i dont like any car shows, import, hot rod, w/e. IMO cars are meant for performance, not show. what good is a car if it has to be trailered everywhere too be kept decent looking? and way too many times people build their show cars with tacky colors and parts, that dont look good. no matter how much money you throw at it. you havent proved any point that your car looks better than mine. where are your pics? mine are in the link in my sig.  [/sarcasm]

lol. dude u are a retard. www.dumb*ss.com, u should log-on, i hear they got free memberships. and ive seen your silly lil' link and i rest my case. quicky, grab a knife and run into it!

as far as my pics, http://members.cardomain.com/5urge  these are older pics of my car(havent updated my pics yet). but still even at the time of these pics, it still looks better than your sh*tty supra.  

LongbowMkII LongbowMkII
10:56 AM

i have to admit, it looks pretty clean, except for that wing. and you need to get rid of that wheel gap. but looks aside, youve spent alot of money on that, but its still just a grocery getter. 420a and all. while my shitty 25 year old ugly car still out performs yours. (and i know my car is slow as balls) and thats where i place my interest, performance, not looks. i plan on actually racing my car (autox). flinging your car around corners is alot more fun than standing next to it all day talking about which body kit i have on it. why do you still continue to flamebait. but being dumb and naive i still persist in entertaining you.  

5urge 5urge
11:21 AM

Quote:

i have to admit, it looks pretty clean, except for that wing. and you need to get rid of that wheel gap. but looks aside, youve spent alot of money on that, but its still just a grocery getter. 420a and all. while my shitty 25 year old ugly car still out performs yours. (and i know my car is slow as balls) and thats where i place my interest, performance, not looks.

all jokes aside. thanks for the props. thats all im asking for. there are just different aspect of import culture. and we both are on diff sides of it. your car prolly would "out perform" mine. thats fine and dandy. like i said theres diff sides. and all ive said in the begininng is that "looks" dont get the repect they deserve. thats the point ive been trying to make. also the wing (which is stock)is not coming off. but i do have plans on getting air ride very soon, so that'll take care of the wheel gap.  

HairySheep HairySheep
02:56 PM

it look nice, a drop of about 3" maybe would look great to take care of the wheel gap  

2GNTEclipse 2GNTEclipse
Guru | Posts: 1007 | Joined: 11/99
10:51 PM

I'll keep this simple: if you two want to battle on this, you know where to take it. Otherwise, you know what the possibility is. I don't think I have to say any more about it.

So you know, this isn't soley directed at you, Sheep.  
Speed and power are a mix of mostly three factors: money, motivation, and time. How fast do you want to go and how broke do you want to be when you get there?

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last